Volume 3 (December 2015)
Volume 2 (March 2015)
Volume 1 (December 2014)
Now accepting submissions for Volume 4!
- Submissions should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line reading: “Art/Photography-Submitters Name,” the body of the e-mail should have the name(s) of the piece(s) submitted & any information about the artist s/he wishes to provide, and the actual artwork should be provided as an attachment.
- All submissions of Photographs/Art must be wholly owned by the submitter.
- You do not need to be Jewish to submit Art/Photography, however, the subject matter of the photo somehow needs to relate to Judaism (in a very broad sense).
- Submissions cannot contain any other copyrighted image/text/property/audio. If they do, the submitter must provide a release for use of said copyrighted content. If not, the piece will be rejected.
- There can be no embedded watermark on the image submitted, we will do that upon acceptance for display on the JLJ.
- If the image contains an identifiable person, you must provide release from said person to the JLJ.
- Any content depicting a specific minor/specific minors must be accompanied by a waiver signed by a parent/legal guardian.
- Never submit any explicit material. Submissions must not contain excessive violence, x-rated content, or any illegal content according to US law.
- These guidelines can change at any time. Check them each time you submit an image at http://jewishliteraryjournal.com/art-photography
- We reserve the right to reject any piece without explicitly sharing our reasons. Additionally, we reserve the right to remove any previously accepted submission at any time for any reason from the JLJ.
- Please submit only 1-3 images with 2-5 sentences of text explaining each image.
- Images must be at least 2.5MP (2.5 Megapixels/2.5 Million Pixels). To calculate the number of pixels in a photo – multiply the width by the height. For example – a photo that’s 1700×1300 is 2.21 million pixels.
- Images can be submitted in digital form only. Please submit only files containing JPEG, GIF, PDF, PNG, and/or TIFF images.
*Much of these guidelines were adapted from Shutterstock’s Guidelines. We thank them for their help.